The benefits of HoloLens are:
- Incorporate virtual data into your field of vision while still seeing the real world with your own eyes (see-through technology).
- View a large number of holograms simultaneously thanks to an expanded field of view.
- Enjoy a high level of precision and readability of even the most complex details.
- Fully immerse yourself: the sound of your holograms adapts to your position in space.
- Touch, grasp and move holograms naturally and interact with them as if they were real objects.
- Use voice commands, even in noisy environments, thanks to smart microphones.
- Use your eyes to perform actions without your hands.
- Be free in your movements and focus on completing your tasks.
- Take advantage of mixed reality wherever you are.
- Enjoy standalone hardware with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity (no external sensors or additional computer required).
- Use your HoloLens without cables thanks to its 3-hour battery life, rechargeable via USB-C.
- Enjoy extended use thanks to ergonomic comfort.
- Adjust the headset to your head quickly, easily, and accurately.
- Lift or lower the visor as needed
|Optics: transparent holographic lenses (waveguides)
Resolution: 2k 3:2 light engines
Holographic density: >radians of less than 2,500 dots (light dots per radian)
Eye-based rendering: display optimized for 3D eye position
|Head tracking: 4 visible light cameras
Eye tracking: 2 infrared cameras
Depth: 1 MP depth sensor (ToF)
Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU): accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
Camera: 8 MP stills, 1080p@30fps video
Audio and speech
|Microphone array: 5 channels
Speakers: integrated spatial sound
|Hand tracking: fully articulated two-handed model, direct handling
Eye tracking: real-time tracking
Voice: on-device command and control; natural language with Internet connectivity
Windows Hello: professional-level security with iris recognition
Understanding the environment
|6DoF tracking: large-scale position tracking
Spatial mapping: real-time environment meshing
Mixed reality capture: mix of photos and videos of physical environments and holograms
Computing and connectivity
|SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 computing platform
HPU: second-generation customized holographic processing unit
Memory: LPDDR4x 4 GB system DRAM
Storage: UFS 2.1 64 GB
WiFi: Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac 2x2)
USB: USB Type-C
|One size fits all
Can be worn over glasses
|Battery life: 2 to 3 hours of active use
Charging: USB-PD for fast charging
Cooling: passive (no fan)
Exposure to radio frequencies
|Model number: 1855 - Maximum SAR value when worn on the head: 0.17W/kg for 10g*.|
- Windows holographic operating system
- Microsoft Edge
- Dynamics 365 Remote Assist
- Dynamics 365 Guides
- 3D viewer
- Synergiz Harbor